Tuesday, March 3, 2009

HELL YES!

I just got an email informing me that I've passed the Foreign Service Officer Test. This is awesome. This is an amazing, wonderful, fantastic feeling. Yes, there's lots of stuff that I still need to do before the Foreign Service hires me- the next step is a series of essays due on March 24th -but the test is a notoriously difficult stumbling block. One figure I read said that 80% of the people who take it fail.

And I passed that thing. I passed that huge monster of a world knowledge exam. Hell yes, I'm ecstatic and proud of myself. I've got it. I know I can do this. I've got the smarts from years of schooling and personal study, I've got the leadership experience from working in student governments and as a teacher, and I know I've got the social skills and adaptation skills necessary to work abroad for the U.S. government. This is a career well within my grasp.

Awesome. I feel utterly awesome. Woo!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats! How very exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Joe! That is, in fact, Awesome!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell yeah! You're brilliant. I'm glad you now have this reminder of that fact. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is good work stud. Good luck through the rest of the process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. Now onto the next part. If they like the personal experience essays that I write, hopefully I'll be headed to Washington, D.C. around August or so for an interview. Which would be great, as I always want another excuse to go places.

    ReplyDelete